The Newfoundland Labrador Occupational Therapy Board (NLOTB) is the governing body responsible for regulating the practice of occupational therapy in Newfoundland and Labrador. Only individuals who are registered with the NLOTB may use the title "occupational therapist".
Registration with the NLOTB indicates that the individual:
- Has met the education and registration requirements.
- Demonstrates continued adherence to the practice standards.
- Respects the public’s right to safe, competent and ethical care.
- Participates in the Continuing Competency Program which monitors and support continuing competency.
- Is subject to investigation when the Board receives a concern or complaint about their practice.